TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - level with me here
People Seeking Info

Subject level with me here

Posted by Zsgetyoulaid on October 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 291 times.

In Reply To Not arguing, just happen to have direct experience posted by vorpalZ on October 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Message I was never under the impression that a STS setup was better. I mentioned that in a previous comment. Case and point: Look at how I did my Z. I didnt exactly go to the bargin bin for my build. Additionally, I took sound advice from the guys at SZ quite religiously(didnt plan on getting cams or cam gears, went with HD valve springs, etc, etc instead of what I had planned in my head). I gave them my motor, told them my goals and told them to do whatever it took to get there and send me the bill. Which was nowhere near anything remotely resembling a STS setup.

What I find interesting is the data it provides. To what degree does X affect Y? Am I really the only one interested in data? Has nobody ever conducted an experiment (or in this case, watch someone else do the experiment for you at their own cost) knowing that the outcome probably isnt better than what can already be provided by more traditional means? Failure analysis makes its bread and butter here. Why intellectuals such as yourself and LJ are/were having such a hard time grasping that is beyond me.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.